Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let's see how this "no proofreading" thing really turns out

So I said I was gonna start a blog and not proofread. I've always had a problem with that. So I'm gonna try just letting whatever comes out come out and not worry about it. Life's been strange lately. Too many concerts to prepare for. Too much music to learn. Going to China in about 10 days. 
These last few days, especially, have been bizarre. Everyone keeps telling me about that girl who read an intense love poem to me at the poetry slam. They all expect me to be really excited or happy with that news, but really it eats my insides. The thought of having to reject someone is really quite awful.
I've been worried about someone. I've been worried if I'm good enough for someone. I've been wondering where everything's headed. Life is strange. The other day, I was typing up text messages from my inbox. I don't like to just delete them. They're a fascinating keepsake. It felt like I was reliving these past few months. God, things have been weird since Futurestars. But I suppose things have always been weird. Especially weird, how about that.
I'm listening to Opeth's "Damnation" right now. Great album. Fits my mood right now, in a way. Overly mellow, reflective, melancholic. 
So my general reaction to the things I've been typing is that it ends up being a bunch of fragmented sentences and all seems way too dramatic. Dramatic I am not. Well, that's not true. Generally I'm not. I guess I have been lately.
Gotta play another concert today. Gotta learn more music today. Hmmm. I don't think I have much more to say. I'm sure I'll get better at this with time. Alright. Don't proofread this, buddy. Just post it. What it is is what it is.\

I'm not sure if that last sentence is deep or meaningless...probably somewhere in the middle. Like everything in life tends to be. That accidental backslash is bugging me. But I'm gonna stick to my promise! OK, signing off until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment