Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When's day? (Wednesday)

I used to make puns all the freakin time. It's been a while.
This morning (in between alarms) I had this dream where my friends and I were having a band practice in the morning before school. For some reason we were playing "All of the Above" by Transatlantic. I've been listening to the song a lot today; I guess that weird little dream got it stuck in my head.
Today was a half-day. Nice. We had a Footloose pit band rehearsal after, which got out at about the time a regular school day would. Nice.
I was looking at an email I got about the show on Saturday and discovered that the mandatory dress rehearsal for Space Cadet (followed immediately by my mandatory dress rehearsal for Piano Man) is at 3:15. That conflicts with my time for Solo and Ensemble, and considering that it's between performing the same piece I did at district, only with the addition of the sight-reading test, or performing songs I've never performed before, for a larger audience, and getting more practice singing live, I think the choice is obvious. It's quite a relief. I really, really didn't want to do S&E. 
It is a little weird to think how Futurestars was really the first time I sang for any sizable audience. I think the ONLY times before that were the Wruice Deuce party barn show, the One Year release party, and that time I sang for my philosophy class. So I definitely need to get more experience. Oh, I forgot that one time I played that open mic night. Still, not much compared to the amount of experience I have playing instruments live. I feel like it'll be hard to really get nervous about any instrumental performance, after having to deal with the nerves involved with live singing.
I was working on some music for my next album earlier. I managed to integrate this really cool thing I came up with a few days back into a song and it's quite exciting. The album is actually coming sorta close to being basically done on the writing side of it (note: basically (note: sorta)).
I still can't believe I leave for China in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment